Trump, reversing course, says Coronavirus task force will continue ‘indefinitely’
Here are some significant developments:
- U.S. companies shed 20.2 million jobs from their payrolls in April according to the ADP Research Institute. The number is the worst in the report’s history, which began in 2002, and double the previous record set in February 2009
- The European Union says its economy is expected to shrink by 7.4 percent this year — the continent’s worst downturn since World War II.
- The Justice Department has opened a criminal investigation of Blue Flame Medical after claims it failed to provide masks and other medical equipment to Maryland and California.
- General Motors announced plans to resume most of its North American manufacturing on May 18 after a two-month shutdown due to the pandemic, which the company said has cost it $1.4 billion. Some lawmakers are urging Congress to authorize new aid for the auto industry.
- Michigan’s Republican-led legislature filed a lawsuit against Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D), challenging her use of emergency powers to extend a state of emergency.
(TLB) Published this news update excerpt from The Washington Post
Stay tuned to …
The Liberty Beacon Project is now expanding at a near exponential rate, and for this we are grateful and excited! But we must also be practical. For 7 years we have not asked for any donations, and have built this project with our own funds as we grew. We are now experiencing ever increasing growing pains due to the large number of websites and projects we represent. So we have just installed donation buttons on our websites and ask that you consider this when you visit them. Nothing is too small. We thank you for all your support and your considerations … (TLB)
Comment Policy: As a privately owned web site, we reserve the right to remove comments that contain spam, advertising, vulgarity, threats of violence, racism, or personal/abusive attacks on other users. This also applies to trolling, the use of more than one alias, or just intentional mischief. Enforcement of this policy is at the discretion of this websites administrators. Repeat offenders may be blocked or permanently banned without prior warning.
Disclaimer: TLB websites contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available to our readers under the provisions of “fair use” in an effort to advance a better understanding of political, health, economic and social issues. The material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving it for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material for purposes other than “fair use” you must request permission from the copyright owner.
Disclaimer: The information and opinions shared are for informational purposes only including, but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material are not intended as medical advice or instruction. Nothing mentioned is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.