Ford Carrier Gp. Enters Mediterranean @Biggest US Build-Up Since Iraq War
This is the second carrier strike group expected to soon operate directly in the CENTCOM area of responsibility, amid the massive military build-up and pressure campaign against Iran…
(Tyler Durden Reports) – Open source monitors as well as US and Middle East media have confirmed that the USS Gerald R. Ford, the world’s largest aircraft carrier, has entered the Mediterranean Sea, having sailed passed the Strait of Gibraltar on Friday.
This is the second carrier strike group expected to soon operate directly in the CENTCOM area of responsibility, amid the massive military build-up and pressure campaign against Iran. It was sent from the Caribbean earlier this month, extending its planned deployment.
Via @dparody
The USS Mahan Arleigh Burke-class destroyer, which is accompanying the USS Gerald R. Ford, is also now crossing the Strait of Gibraltar, maritime tracking analysis shows.
The aircraft carrier will likely take several more days to reach the Middle East and be poised to operate against Iran – so it looks to be in place by start of next week.
According to Bloomberg and other outlets, the US has now amassed the biggest force in the Middle East since the 2003 invasion of Iraq. There is administration talk of “limited strikes” – but clearly Washington is getting ready for all escalation scenarios.
The Ford’s entry into Mediterranean waters took longer than expected because it was reportedly conducting replenishment-at-sea, again suggesting the nuclear-powered vessel is readying for a long, or sustained campaign.
Diplomacy seems to be continuing, but also with Trump himself on Friday confirming that he’s considering ‘limited’ strikes on Iran in order to force an Iran deal on Washington’s terms:
The reports come after Trump publicly told Iran that it has “10 to 15 days” to cut a deal over its nuclear program, as the US continues its vast military build up in the region.
“We’re either going to get a deal, or it’s going to be unfortunate for them,” Trump told reporters on board Air Force One yesterday. He added that negotiations could be allowed to continue for another 10 to 15 days, a deadline the president described as “pretty much” the “maximum”.
“I would think that would be enough time,” Trump said.
So there is perhaps time to breathe, while Iranian officials continue to scramble, hoping to stave off attack. According to fresh Reuters reporting:
Iran to present its draft in 2–3 days, with further talks expected within a week, its foreign minister says -adding a diplomatic deal with the U.S. is “within reach” and could be achieved in a very short time.
But once a potential attack starts, Iran’s response is entirely unpredictable, especially after this firm warning communicated formally to the United Nations:
In a letter to U.N. Secretary-General António Guterres, Iran warned that if attacked, all bases, facilities and assets of the hostile force in the region would be considered legitimate targets in its defensive response.
The letter added that the United States would bear full and… pic.twitter.com/I7mYTzQERE
— SafetySwipe (@SafetyNotorious) February 19, 2026
Iranian leaders may consider that they have no choice but to inflict as much pain as possible on American bases and forces in the region, seeing this as a matter of existential survival.
“It will be very hard for the Trump administration to do a one-and-done kind of attack in Iran this time around,” said Ali Vaez, an Iran expert at the International Crisis Group. “Because the Iranians would respond in a way that would make all-out conflict inevitable.”
But the Pentagon seems to be readying for just such a scenario, also while Congress is still days away from belatedly debating a resurrected War Powers push – driven by Reps Khanna and Massie.
___________
SOURCE
Header featured image (edited) credit: Flickr/U.S. Department of Defense Current Photos . Emphasis added by (TLB)
••••
••••
Stay tuned…
••••
The Liberty Beacon Project is now expanding at a near exponential rate, and for this we are grateful and excited! But we must also be practical. For 7 years we have not asked for any donations, and have built this project with our own funds as we grew. We are now experiencing ever increasing growing pains due to the large number of websites and projects we represent. So we have just installed donation buttons on our websites and ask that you consider this when you visit them. Nothing is too small. We thank you for all your support and your considerations … (TLB)
••••
Comment Policy: As a privately owned web site, we reserve the right to remove comments that contain spam, advertising, vulgarity, threats of violence, racism, or personal/abusive attacks on other users. This also applies to trolling, the use of more than one alias, or just intentional mischief. Enforcement of this policy is at the discretion of this websites administrators. Repeat offenders may be blocked or permanently banned without prior warning.
••••
Disclaimer: TLB websites contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available to our readers under the provisions of “fair use” in an effort to advance a better understanding of political, health, economic and social issues. The material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving it for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material for purposes other than “fair use” you must request permission from the copyright owner.
••••
Disclaimer: The information and opinions shared are for informational purposes only including, but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material are not intended as medical advice or instruction. Nothing mentioned is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Leave a Reply