Biden Tours Canada in 75 Car Motorcade to Address Global Warming
Biden arrived in Ottawa last night
President Joe Biden is sending a message to Canadians that he takes global warming very, very seriously — by taking a 75-car motorcade through the capital city of Ottawa.
On Friday, President Biden took a motorcade through the city that forced road closures and transit delays downtown amid heightened security.
The Bidens arrived in Ottawa last night. As reported by CTV, Biden was greeted by a welcoming delegation of officials:
- Gov. Gen. Mary Simon
- Canada’s Ambassador to the U.S. Kirsten Hillman
- Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Chrystia Freeland
- Treasury Board President Mona Fortier
- Foreign Affairs Minister Melanie Joly
- Foreign affairs parliamentary secretaries, Liberal MPs Rob Oliphant and Maninder Sidhu
- United States Ambassador to Canada David Cohen
- Chief of Protocol of Canada Stewart Wheeler
As reported, “Biden will be taken—in his infamous armoured limousine known as ‘The Beast’—to Rideau Cottage to meet with Trudeau and his wife, Sophie Gregoire Trudeau,” CTV noted. “Rideau Cottage is the prime minister’s current residence, located on the grounds at Rideau Hall, approximately seven kilometres northeast of Parliament Hill.”
The U.S. president on Friday will meet with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and is slated to deliver an address to Parliament at 1:50 p.m. Later, Joe Biden and first lady Jill Biden will attend a “gala dinner” at the Canadian Aviation and Space Museum. The Bidens are scheduled to depart Ottawa later this evening.
The U.S. president had a packed schedule on Friday for the visit to America’s neighbors to the north.
- 11:15 a.m. – a welcoming ceremony will be held inside West Block for President Biden.
- 11:20 a.m. – POTUS will attend a bilateral meeting with Trudeau. A meeting between Biden, Trudeau and officials from both the U.S. and Canadian governments will be held after.
- 1:50 p.m. – Biden addresses Parliament
- 3:45 p.m. – Biden and Trudeau will hold a joint media availability at the Sir John A. Macdonald building
- 6:30 p.m. – Biden, the first lady and the American delegation will attend a “gala dinner” hosted by Trudeau and his wife Sophie Gregoire Trudeau.
- A senior U.S. official told reporters Biden will have a pull-aside meeting with Conservative leader Pierre Poilievre today.
“It’s quite a packed schedule for a short trip,” said White House National Security Council spokesman John Kirby on Wednesday. “This is a meaningful visit. Canada is one of the United States’ closest allies and friends, and has been now for more than 150 years. This will be the first true in-person bilateral meeting between the two leaders in Canada since 2009.”
According to CTV, the following will be among the issues that Biden is expected to address:
- North American continental and Arctic defence and related spending
- Trade, supply chains, and the state of CUSMA/USMCA
- Irregular migration and modernizing the Safe Third Country Agreement
- Addressing inflation and driving growth to create jobs
- Threats to democracy such as domestic and foreign interference
- Further support for Haiti and Ukraine
- Climate change and investing in the clean automotive sector
(TLB) published this article from Becker News as compiled and written by Kyle Becker
Header featured image (edited) credit: Biden Motercade/CTV screen shot
Emphasis added by (TLB) editors
Stay tuned to …
The Liberty Beacon Project is now expanding at a near exponential rate, and for this we are grateful and excited! But we must also be practical. For 7 years we have not asked for any donations, and have built this project with our own funds as we grew. We are now experiencing ever increasing growing pains due to the large number of websites and projects we represent. So we have just installed donation buttons on our websites and ask that you consider this when you visit them. Nothing is too small. We thank you for all your support and your considerations … (TLB)
Comment Policy: As a privately owned web site, we reserve the right to remove comments that contain spam, advertising, vulgarity, threats of violence, racism, or personal/abusive attacks on other users. This also applies to trolling, the use of more than one alias, or just intentional mischief. Enforcement of this policy is at the discretion of this websites administrators. Repeat offenders may be blocked or permanently banned without prior warning.
Disclaimer: TLB websites contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available to our readers under the provisions of “fair use” in an effort to advance a better understanding of political, health, economic and social issues. The material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving it for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material for purposes other than “fair use” you must request permission from the copyright owner.
Disclaimer: The information and opinions shared are for informational purposes only including, but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material are not intended as medical advice or instruction. Nothing mentioned is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.