Donald Trump Outlined 42 Policy Proposals at America First Summit
Former President Donald J. Trump laid out 42 policy proposals at the America First Policy Institute (AFPI) summit Tuesday, where he gave his first speech in Washington, DC, since leaving office.
Prepared remarks circulated by the Trump team show the 45th president’s proposals on an array of topics, including the Second Amendment, border security, education, energy, and election integrity, but a central focus of his policy proposal addresses law and order.
- The prepared remarks first emphasized the importance of supporting police departments throughout the country and fostering a culture that respects law enforcement. “We have to give our police back their authority, resources, power, and prestige. Leave our police alone. Let them do their job. Give them back their RESPECT. They know what to do. We have to allow them to do it,” Trump’s plan said.
- On top of giving officers the tools they need to succeed, Trump’s policy proposal called for the restitution of “stop-and-frisk policies in cities,” adding that it is imperative guns are taken from criminals. “If you are a convicted felon and you have a gun, you’re off the streets,” the proposal asserts.
- Trump also proposed strengthening “qualified immunity and other protections for our police officers.”
- He further called on the next set of Washington, DC, lawmakers, who take office in January, to make emergency funds available for the hiring of police officers across the nation, as many departments face staffing issues. “We need the largest increase in the hiring of police officers in American HISTORY——to get more police on the streets than EVER before, walking every beat,” the prepared remarks said.
- The 45th president also advocated for a joint violence crime task force headed by both the Department and Justice and the Department of Homeland Security, which would focus on “destroying” gang organizations and imposing “severe penalties.”
- With the nationwide drug epidemic that is claiming the lives of Americans on daily basis, Trump’s plan would crack down on drug “dealers, traffickers, and narco-terrorists,” and emphasizes that traffickers should “receive the death penalty.”
- As lax bail laws and soft-on-crime policies have proceeded lawlessness in many states and metro areas, Trump asserted that the federal government intervenes when “Radical Democrat politicians” will not….
Header featured image (edited) credit: Trump/ (AP Photo/Ross D. Franklin, File)
Emphasis added by (TLB) editors
Stay tuned to …
The Liberty Beacon Project is now expanding at a near exponential rate, and for this we are grateful and excited! But we must also be practical. For 7 years we have not asked for any donations, and have built this project with our own funds as we grew. We are now experiencing ever increasing growing pains due to the large number of websites and projects we represent. So we have just installed donation buttons on our websites and ask that you consider this when you visit them. Nothing is too small. We thank you for all your support and your considerations … (TLB)
Comment Policy: As a privately owned web site, we reserve the right to remove comments that contain spam, advertising, vulgarity, threats of violence, racism, or personal/abusive attacks on other users. This also applies to trolling, the use of more than one alias, or just intentional mischief. Enforcement of this policy is at the discretion of this websites administrators. Repeat offenders may be blocked or permanently banned without prior warning.
Disclaimer: TLB websites contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available to our readers under the provisions of “fair use” in an effort to advance a better understanding of political, health, economic and social issues. The material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving it for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material for purposes other than “fair use” you must request permission from the copyright owner.
Disclaimer: The information and opinions shared are for informational purposes only including, but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material are not intended as medical advice or instruction. Nothing mentioned is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.