ER Editor: The provincial government of Ontario under so-called ‘conservative’ Doug Ford is now attacking the truckers’ funding on the GiveSendGo platform, who won’t take this lying down as GoFundMe did. Ford, meanwhile, is planning to follow Alberta and Saskatchewan in dropping some of the restrictions, but details haven’t yet been announced. We include other information and reports below.
Meanwhile, Drs. Byram Bridle, Paul Alexander and Roger Hodkinson, who are providing medical and scientific support to the truckers, have invited senior medical representatives of the federal government to a livestreamed discussion from 1pm to 3pm EST at the York Room of the Marriott Ottawa today, Friday February 11. They are Dr. Theresa Tam, Dr. Howard Njoo and Dr. Shelley Deeks:
I am absolutely thrilled to let you now that a public invitation has been issued to three of the top public health officials that have been driving the COVID-19 narrative in Canada. They are being asked to meet with me and two of my colleagues at Parliament Hill this Friday. We are travelling to our nation’s capital to demonstrate our willingness to engage in a respectful discussion of the science and medicine underpinning COVID-19. This is to be a live-streamed event with an open invitation having been issued to all ‘alternative’ and legacy media sources. You will find below a portion of the media release, plus copies of the invitations that were sent yesterday (Monday February 7th).
For more information, see this from Dr. Byram Bridle’s substack site,
There’s also a rumour about the children of truckers being ‘at risk’ although we doubt this is more than part of the psychological operation being waged against the protestors. See this report from CTV News (MSM alert):
Ottawa police say about a quarter of vehicles parked in downtown Ottawa as part of the trucker protests have children living in them, and authorities are worried for their safety.
Deputy Chief Steve Bell told reporters Tuesday that 25 per cent of the more than 400 trucks occupying the downtown core have children living inside.
“It’s something that greatly concerns us,” he said. “From the risk of carbon monoxide and fumes, the noise levels … we’re concerned about cold, we’re concerned about access to sanitation, the ability to shower.”
Bell said it’s something police need to address, and they’re having discussions with the Children’s Aid Society about what steps to take.
Here’s a short update and comment from JustinCredibleTV on the funding situation, with video footage of a trucker literally telling a group of RCMP that the Coutts, Alberta border is closed, full stop.
BREAKING: Ontario judge attempts to freeze Freedom Convoy donations on another crowdfunding site
JACK BINGHAM for LIFESITE NEWS
Christian-based GiveSendGo said last night the government has no control over the distribution of its donations.
After having a $10 million GoFundMe page axed last week, the Freedom Convoy truckers protesting COVID measures in Ottawa have now had another $8 million raised on Christian-based crowdfunding site GiveSendGo frozen, this time via an order from Ontario’s Superior Court of Justice.
However, GiveSendGo responded Thursday night with a statement that said, “Canada has absolutely ZERO jurisdiction over how we manage our funds here at GiveSendGo. All funds for EVERY campaign on GiveSendGo flow directly to the recipients of those campaigns, not least of which is The Freedom Convoy campaign. Thanks for your concern but this recipient is receiving funds.”
Know this! Canada has absolutely ZERO jurisdiction over how we manage our funds here at GiveSendGo. All funds for EVERY campaign on GiveSendGo flow directly to the recipients of those campaigns, not least of which is The Freedom Convoy campaign.
— GiveSendGo (@GiveSendGo) February 11, 2022
According to a statement by Premier Doug Ford’s office on Thursday, Attorney General Doug Downey brought the application for the order under section 490.8 of the Criminal Code of Canada, which allows for “a restraint order in respect of any offence-related property.”
Ivana Yelich, spokesperson for the premier, explained that the order from the court “binds any and all parties with possession or control over these donations,” including the “Freedom Convoy 2022” fundraising page and the “Adopt-a-Trucker” fundraising page.
Since the Freedom Convoy arrived in Ottawa nearly two weeks ago, Ford, who leads the province of Ontario as a “conservative,” has denounced the group and insisted the protesters need to leave and “let the people of Ottawa live their lives.”
Ford’s statements claiming that the protesters are impeding the lives of citizens and their businesses drew criticism as Ford himself has forcibly shut down Ontario businesses for weeks at a time through continuous lockdowns. Moreover, Ford has consistently used the heavy hand of government on law-abiding citizens during the “pandemic” by imposing draconian measures such as vaccine passports, capacity limits on gatherings in private homes, mandatory mask wearing indoors, and social distancing.
Since the convoy’s arrival in Ottawa nearly two weeks ago, the federal Conservative Party has ousted their pro-mandate leader and taken a decidedly anti-mandate stance. Meanwhile, the provinces of Alberta and Saskatchewan have both started to remove all COVID restrictions, and even the highly authoritarian province of Quebec decided to drop its controversial plan to tax the vaccine-free.
Despite restrictions continuing to be imposed on Ontarians, a growing body of data has indicated that vaccine mandates and passports have been a failed strategy for tackling COVID, and a recent poll from reputable pollster Angus Reid found that 54 percent of Canadians say it’s time to “remove restrictions and let Canadians manage their own level of risk.”
Contact Premier Doug Ford
by email here
Premier of Ontario
Toronto ON M7A 1A1
SECRET RECORDING: Ontario Premier Doug Ford will announce tomorrow he’s ‘pulling these passports’
The dramatic about-face from Ford comes as thousands of truckers across Canada have engaged in peaceful protests, including blocking the Ambassador Bridge between Detroit and Windsor.
The Liberty Beacon Project is now expanding at a near exponential rate, and for this we are grateful and excited! But we must also be practical. For 7 years we have not asked for any donations, and have built this project with our own funds as we grew. We are now experiencing ever increasing growing pains due to the large number of websites and projects we represent. So we have just installed donation buttons on our websites and ask that you consider this when you visit them. Nothing is too small. We thank you for all your support and your considerations … (TLB)
Comment Policy: As a privately owned web site, we reserve the right to remove comments that contain spam, advertising, vulgarity, threats of violence, racism, or personal/abusive attacks on other users. This also applies to trolling, the use of more than one alias, or just intentional mischief. Enforcement of this policy is at the discretion of this websites administrators. Repeat offenders may be blocked or permanently banned without prior warning.
Disclaimer: TLB websites contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available to our readers under the provisions of “fair use” in an effort to advance a better understanding of political, health, economic and social issues. The material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving it for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material for purposes other than “fair use” you must request permission from the copyright owner.
Disclaimer: The information and opinions shared are for informational purposes only including, but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material are not intended as medical advice or instruction. Nothing mentioned is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.