ER Editor: The EU establishment are going after Austria’s young leader, Sebastian Kurz; the Duran team of Alexander Mercouris and Alex Christoforou break down the story below. They’re using this Mail Online piece as their base – Austrian Chancellor Sebastian Kurz is faces criminal corruption charges after being accused of lying to parliamentary commission.
Here are some of the main points:
- The latest headline: Kurz is facing criminal corruption charges for allegedly lying to a parliamentary commission in relation to the honeypot video taken in Ibiza back in 2017. (A young woman pretending to be the niece of a Russian oligarch promised to pay the coalition partner of Kurz – Heinz-Christian Strache of the FPO party – on video inside a private home in return for government favours for the ‘uncle’. Kurz’s govt collapsed over this non-event; Kurz won another election but had to re-form the govt with a new coalition partner.)
- Kurz holds views that the EU Establishment finds distasteful, namely he supports the Nordstream 2 pipeline deal with Russia, he wants friendly relations with Russia and seeks to import the Sputnik V vaccine. He’s also right-wing/conservative and Christian, so this is all part of the story. And he’s also supposed to have appointed somebody to run Austria’s casinos, which he’s denied. Now he’s under threat of prosecution for it.
- This is clearly an attempt to take Kurz down. He’s a rising star within Europe among right-of-center Christian conservative circles; so the usual suspects at the EU oppose him vehemently. Austria is an important country within the EU, so they’re probably working to bring him down. Criminal charges are expected to be brought against him but he’s refusing to step down.
- Since the Ibiza scandal, he’s been moving toward the center politically. It seems he’s tried to be more accommodating to the global, woke ideology instead of being conservative-Christian. But obviously this hasn’t worked for him. His critics are unappeasable.
- It may be true that he has lied to Parliament, but so do all political leaders. He’s being investigated in Austria because of his leanings and his stance toward Russia. In Vienna, the Russian economic presence is strong. It is a major transit point for Russian business in Europe. Austrian banks have a presence in Russia. It is a longstanding, historic connection with Russia.
- Kurz is also an influential figure among certain German parties, who look to him as a rising star on the right. Germany also has difficult elections coming up in September of this year, with Merkel being gone. So they don’t want figures on the right like him to have any sway in this election.
So while the EU is pulling out the stops to support Macron before the 2022 French election, they’re now going to similar lengths to get Kurz out ahead of the German one.
Published to The Liberty Beacon from EuropeReloaded.com
The Liberty Beacon Project is now expanding at a near exponential rate, and for this we are grateful and excited! But we must also be practical. For 7 years we have not asked for any donations, and have built this project with our own funds as we grew. We are now experiencing ever increasing growing pains due to the large number of websites and projects we represent. So we have just installed donation buttons on our websites and ask that you consider this when you visit them. Nothing is too small. We thank you for all your support and your considerations … (TLB)
Comment Policy: As a privately owned web site, we reserve the right to remove comments that contain spam, advertising, vulgarity, threats of violence, racism, or personal/abusive attacks on other users. This also applies to trolling, the use of more than one alias, or just intentional mischief. Enforcement of this policy is at the discretion of this websites administrators. Repeat offenders may be blocked or permanently banned without prior warning.
Disclaimer: TLB websites contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available to our readers under the provisions of “fair use” in an effort to advance a better understanding of political, health, economic and social issues. The material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving it for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material for purposes other than “fair use” you must request permission from the copyright owner.
Disclaimer: The information and opinions shared are for informational purposes only including, but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material are not intended as medical advice or instruction. Nothing mentioned is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Leave a Reply