Fluoridation Chemical Company ‘Mosaic’ Fined $2 Billion
Now THIS is progress! Yes, it’s just a fine—no jail time—yet! It’s only scratching the surface, but we’ll take it.
Now about those Florida/Louisiana sinkholes… related? You can see a better image in the article linked below.
I recommend reading this article about what fluoride in the air from processing plants has done to cattle and vegetation. It’s heartbreaking.
The article goes a long way toward explaining in just how bad a shape our poor old Gaia is. It’s a miracle there is any life left on her or IN her.
Make no mistake: the EPA didn’t just learn of this situation—they approved it!— but it is time for all this sort of thing to surface. The Light is shining on many things that previously lurked sinister in the shadows.
It isn’t only Mosaic Fertilizer’s faux-pas with fluorosilicic acid that has been exposed.
One must ask, “If the government has lied about and permitted this for decades, what else have they covered up?” Some of us know the answer to that and it’s horrific.
Perhaps those who never believed the government would allow anything toxic in our water, air, or land will reconsider.
Perhaps those who believe allowing their dentist to fluoridate their teeth is a GOOD thing will connect the dots. Perhaps they will stop buying toxic fluoride toothpaste and make a safer, more natural choice.
Perhaps they will learn that there is absolutely ZERO research to support the lie that fluoride strengthens teeth or prevents cavities. It does a lot of damage and provides NO benefit—except to make companies like Mosaic rich.
What is saddest of all is that the poor are so often the targets of the government eugenics plans; from free mammogram-mobiles courtesy of the the cancer funds to fluoridated water to…?—and this update doesn’t even mention the high levels of prescription drugs like birth control and glyphosate in the runoff from Monsanto’s lethal Roundup herbicide that end up in the water.
I would also like to see unbiased test results from bottled water from every processor/distributor in North America. I don’t trust bottled water, either.
This law suit is a victory, however small, and there will be many more as people wake up and take ACTION!
I’ve pasted the email message as I received it. ~ BP
October 7, 2015
Mosaic Fertilizer, LLC, is one of the largest sellers of a toxic fluoride chemical, “fluorosilicic acid”, that cities add to public drinking water. Fluorosilicic acid is described by EPA in the Consent Decrees as a “hazardous waste” produced at Mosaic’s fertilizer plants. More than 200 million Americans drink these wastes every day.
For decades Mosaic has been selling fluoridation chemicals to public drinking water systems across the U.S. This Kafkaesque scheme, approved by EPA, benefits the polluter in the belief that it helps the teeth of the poor, according to FAN.
The fine was levied on October 1st by the EPA and U.S. Department of Justice. These wastes are produced at Mosaic’s six phosphate fertilizer plants in Florida and two in Louisiana.
“It’s outrageous that Mosaic is allowed to sell an EPA ‘hazardous waste’ to dump into the drinking water used in most major U.S. cities,” says FAN scientist Dr. Neil Carman.
Dr. William Hirzy, also with FAN, added, “This loophole needs to be closed by the EPA. It was not addressed in the Consent Decrees which allow Mosaic to continue selling a hazardous waste to the public disguised as a way to boost fluoride in drinking water.”
The RCRA laws govern the storage, treatment and disposal of hazardous waste. Mosaic’s 60 billion pounds of improperly handled hazardous waste cited by EPA is the largest amount ever covered by a RCRA settlement.
Mosaic’s wastes have also caused huge local environmental problems, due largely to their high fluoride levels. The fluoride, not captured in pollution control devices and sold for water fluoridation, ends up in their liquid and solid wastes. Other toxic constituents include arsenic, lead, cadmium, uranium and radium.
Enormous quantities of these wastes have been stored for years in so-called gypsum stacks. They will never become non-toxic, and these open hazardous waste piles have regularly leaked into rivers and groundwater causing huge fish kills and other problems.
For an overview of the phosphate fertilizer industry see http://fluoridealert.org/articles/phosphate01/
- Florida, Complaint: United States of America and Florida Department of Environmental Protection (Plaintiffs) v. Mosaic Fertilizer, LLC (Defendant). Civil Complaint. Filed September 30, 2015. 99 pages.
- Florida, Consent Decree: United States of America and Florida Department of Environmental Protection (Plaintiffs) v. Mosaic Fertilizer, LLC (Defendant). Consent Decree. Filed September 30, 2015. 82 pages.
- Florida, Appendices: United States of America and Florida Department of Environmental Protection (Plaintiffs) v. Mosaic Fertilizer, LLC (Defendant). Appendices. Filed September 30, 2015. 574 pages.
- Louisiana, Complaint: United States of America and Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality (Plaintiffs) v. Mosaic Fertilizer, LLC (Defendant). Civil Complaint. Filed September 30, 2015. 53 pages.
- Louisiana, Consent Decree: United States of America and Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality (Plaintiffs) v. Mosaic Fertilizer, LLC (Defendant). Consent Decree. Filed September 30, 2015. 85 pages.
- Louisiana, Attachments: United States of America and Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality (Plaintiffs) v. Mosaic Fertilizer, LLC (Defendant). Attachments. Filed October 1, 2015. 416 pages.