By: Roger Landry (TLB)
We all discuss the multitude of problems and issues and many of us beat them into the ground, but rarely is a real, doable, practical solution presented … What you see below is such a solution …
Monsanto’s Roundup and its active ingredient Glyphosate is a blight on humanity and the biosphere. This is a peer reviewed FACT … not a guess or a supposition. This is the most widely utilized bio-toxin on this planet today with direct ties to cancer, kidney disease, gastronomical maladies, infertility etc… The list is long and foreboding! If our very own governments wont step up to the plate and do what we elect them to do … protect us from known harms … then we will take this upon ourselves.
TLB had the absolute privilege to record a discussion with one such individual who intends to make a difference REGARDLESS of, and IN-SPITE of the corruption, cronyism and general push-back from said governments.
(Click on the above blue text to listen to this recorded show)
A retired Marine Engineer, ship management executive, and consultant.
Also, a podcaster, videographer, science interviewer, citizen journalist, food security activist and a public speaker.
Alarmed at the intrusion of dangerous elements into our food web, and environment, through new and dangerous models of Industrial agriculture, which is believed directly linked to deep rooted corruption in the political system of nations.
Cleaner environment, cleaner food, independent science and education, free press, even sovereignty of nations and their political independence are all under attack by a handful of very powerful corporations that aim to own everything that lives and breathes on this planet.
Solution to this can only happen through global movement of citizens, by people waking up and booting the rogue politicians off their government, en mass if need be, and being directly involved in turning their country into what the people want their country to be, not what Monsnato likes their country to be.
Here are a few more specifics on Tony’s involvement …
Dr. Stephanie Seneff speaking to me on Glyphosate: http://www.tonu.org/2014/04/19/stephanie-seneff/
Dr. Samsel debunks Golden Rice, also related to Glyphosate: http://www.tonu.org/2014/04/21/goldenrice-debunked/
Dr. Don Huber on Glyphosate: http://www.tonu.org/2014/04/15/don_hube/
Appeal for Nationwide Glyphosate Testing: http://www.tonu.org/2014/06/15/nationwidetest/
Letter to Walmart about testing their food for Glyphosate: http://www.tonu.org/2014/06/12/walmart-safeway/
Talk with MP Atamanenko (similar to your senator) on Glyphosate testing: http://www.tonu.org/2014/05/29/atamanenko/
Letter to the British Columbia Ministry of Agriculture, about Glyphosate testing: http://www.tonu.org/2014/06/13/bc-ag-ministry/
Talk with ex EPA scientist Vallianatos about EPA: http://www.tonu.org/2014/06/06/poisonspring/
Nationwide Glyphosate Testing
Testing how much of Monsanto’s Roundup has gotten into our water, in our food and in our body.
Health Canada or Environment Canada has not done mass test on how much of Monsanto’s Roundup has gotten into human body fluids, nor has it set up labs that can do this test:
- I have written to Federal Govt about it directly and through MPs (http://www.tonu.org/2014/05/29/atamanenko/).
- We have located labs in the US that are willing to conduct mass test for Glyphosate at bulk quote of around $20 plus shipping.
- There are some financially challenged that cannot afford that money, and are eating unhealthy food suspected laced with Glyphosate, which is practically in every food that is not organic.
- This funding is to help them to test their urine and breast milk for nursing mothers. Breast milk, unfortunately, cannot yet be tested cheaply. It costs upward of US$ 100 per test.
- Walmart, Safeway and other food stores do not respond when we asked about testing their food to check if Glyphosate is present in their food. So this funding is to test their random sample of food.
What we plan to do and what you will see
We intend to pay ourselves, those that can afford, for testing our own urine, drinking water and food, and then use the funds here to test a vast number of the poorer people that cannot afford to eat Organic, as well as from common food sources such as what is sold in food stores :
- Bulk test packages involve at least 96 samples in each batch, costing around US$ 1400 plus transportation charge to send 96 samples, by currier service. So with $5000 we hope to do at least three batches of poor people, covering almost 300 samples, involving perhaps 200 people and a hundred more of food samples, soil, water etc.
- We intend to place the results on the web, without individuals identity, to see where Canada stands with regard to intrusion of Glyphosate into regions, into different age groups, gender, eating style etc!
- The funds will be used to make bulk payment to labs in the US that are able and willing to do these tests economically, while we continue to search for a lab, somewhere in Canada that can do similar tests, hopefully in comparable costing, though we have not located even one in Canada so far.
The final results, hopefully coming in from all over Canada, totalling hundreds and hundreds of tests, perhaps even thousands, makes it a broad range analysis and will hopefully provide a more detailed picture of how much of the dangerous pesticide has gotten into us:
- As far as we know, no other place in the planet has done this kind of large scale test before, either by Government or by the people, although Moms Across America did conduct a limited test of under a hundred samples, which already proved presence of Glyphosate even in the breast milk of some nursing mothers. A lot of folks are waiting to see how the results turn out for Canada.
- We have not used Indigogo before, though we have used volunteer funding and are using it for a cross Canada talking tour on Food Security by retired genetic engineer Dr. Thierry Vrain, and myself (https://www.facebook.com/pages/GE-Foods-Tour/39…)
- People are encouraged to write to me for more details – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Joining the movement
If you are interested to join the movement as a volunteer, or a regional coordinator, or a candidate for testing yourself, or know someone that shoudl be tested, do contact us, especially where
- You are sick from damaged gut bacteria, or through Crohn’s, Celiac, leaky gut, autism, bowl disfunction, obesity or depression.
- Once the data starts coming in, we intend to turn the testing into a political movement, to force the health care division of the Government to confront these issues instead of continue to accept ever increasing quantities of toxicity in our food, our land, our water and in ourselves.
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean you can’t help:
- Volunteer for us – to round up more people that can pay for their own tests.
- People you might know that might like to contribute to the cause, no matter how small the amount!
TLB: Understand if this can be done in Canada (our brothers and sisters) it can easily be successful in America! Please contact me (Roger Landry) if you wish to see this project carried over into the USA … It’s time to get SERIOUS !!!