Council On Foreign Relations (CFR) – A Look At The “Establishment”
By TLB Contributing Writer: Dan Asmussen
Let’s start this off by stating that things are not working out well for the globalists these days. BREXIT, Nationalism spreading in Europe, Globalism under increasing attack … and … TRUMP! NONE of this favors the “Establishment”, the political and financial elitists that assume their absolute power to play God with humanity.
For some reference let’s look back at our last Presidential election.
Just a short comment in preface: Hillary has membership in the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR). Bill and Chelsea are also members … while Donald Trump … is not.
When asked by Wolf Blitzer in January of 2016, if she was “the establishment,” Hillary Clinton replied: “I just don’t understand what that means.” Several weeks later, her Democratic primary opponent at the time, Sen. Bernie Sanders made the case in a debate that the issue was who enjoyed the support of more powerful elected officials, arguing that “more governors, mayors, members of the House” back Clinton.
Clinton framed the notion of “the establishment” as consisting solely of political bodies of elected officials. Sanders simply argued that a better indicator of belonging to the establishment is one’s power and influence within political circles. But framing the issue as simply a matter of party politics and the electoral system misses the point. Elected officials are merely the public face of the ruling establishment. The broader establishment is composed of the elite class that determines economic policy.
There is no building that says “Establishment” on the door, but there is a century-old institution made up of wealthy and influential representatives of business, Wall Street, corporate law, academia and government. It is a creation of the elite ruling class to ensure their control over shaping policy for their own benefit. Their decisions result in funneling money – and, hence, power – into the hands of a small percentage of capitalists who exercise control over the political process. The elite have complete control over the media, so everything you see and hear has their stamp of influence on it. Among their members are select news anchors who routinely give scripted stories to influence public opinion, while they groom the next ‘chosen’ candidate for public office.
When FBI Director James Comey did not recommend charges to be filed against Hillary Clinton for perjury and treason (among other things) concerning highly classified emails, It was immediately obvious that the level of influence by the “Establishment” permeated every level of our corrupt government to the point where it was also blatantly obvious who they have chosen as their next puppet in chief.
So let’s bring this “Establishment” forward into the light and present both members and goals of the Council On Foreign Relations (CFR).
For starters, as I scrolled through the almost 5,000 names on the CFR membership roster, I found some members of interest:
- Madeleine Albright, Bill Clinton’s secretary of state
- Zoë Baird, lawyer whom Bill Clinton nominated to be attorney general.
- Warren Beatty, actor.
- Michael Bloomberg, former mayor of New York.
- Richard Blum, husband of Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA).
- Sidney Blumenthal, former aide to Bill Clinton & longtime confidant of Hillary Clinton.
- John Bolton, former U.S. ambassador to UN.
- Stephen Breyer, Supreme Court justice.
- Tom Brokaw, retired NBC News anchor.
- Zbigniew Brzezinski, Jimmy Carter’s national security adviser.
- Tory Burch, fashion designer.
- Thomas Daschle, former U.S. senator (D-SD).
- George Clooney, actor.
- Katherine (Katy) Couric, News anchor.
- Monica Crowley, Fox News political commentator.
- Lynn de Rothschild, CEO of EL Rothschild holding company.
- Joan Didion, novelist.
- Christopher Dodd, former U.S. senator (D-CT).
- Elizabeth Drew, political journalist & New Yorker contributor.
- Richard Dreyfuss, actor.
- Ezekiel Emanuel, bioethicist proponent of universal health care & brother of Rahm Emanuel.
- Dianne Feinstein, U.S. senator (D-CA).
- Robert Gates, Obama and George W. Bush’s secretary of defense, George HW Bush’s CIA director.
- Timothy Geithner, former Obama treasury secretary.
- Richard Gephardt, former congressman (D-Missouri).
- David Gergen, CNN senior political analyst, former adviser to Presidents Nixon, Ford, Reagan & Clinton.
- Georgie Geyer, journalist & columnist.
- Ruth Ginsberg, Supreme Court justice.
- Chuck Hagel, former Obama secretary of defense.
- Teresa Heinz Kerry, wife of Obama’s secretary of state John Kerry.
- Bobby Inman, retired U.S. admiral and director of various intelligence agencies.
- Jesse Jackson (not sure if it’s race-hustler Rev. Jesse Jackson).
- Angelina Jolie, actress.
- Vernon Jordan, adviser to Bill Clinton.
- Mickey Kantor, Bill Clinton’s secretary of commerce.
- Bob Kerrey, former governor of Nebraska and U.S. senator (D).
- Henry Kissinger, Richard Nixon’s secretary of state.
- Charles Krauthammer, columnist & political commentator.
- Nicholas Kristof, New York Times columnist.
- Jim Lehrer, retired PBS news anchor.
- Jacob Lew, Obama treasury secretary.
- Winston Lord, former U.S. ambassador to China.
- Robert McFarlane, Reagan’s national security adviser.
- Andrea Mitchell, NBC correspondent & wife of former Federal Reserve chair Alan Greenspan.
- Walter Mondale, former U.S. Vice President (Carter admin.).
- Janet Napolitano, former Obama DHS director, now president of University of California system.
- Peggy Noonan, former speechwriter for George HW Bush.
- Grover Norquist, president of Americans for Tax Reform that opposes all tax increases; co-founder of the Islamic Free Market Institute.
- Sam Nunn, former U.S. senator (D-GA).
- Michael Ovitz, former president of Walt Disney Co.
- David Petraeus, former Obama CIA director; retired (disgraced) 4-star general.
- Daniel Pipes, political commentators; expert on Middle East.
- Colin Powell, former George W. Bush secretary of state; retired general.
- Penny Pritzker, billionaire heiress & Obama big donor, currently Obama’s secretary of commerce.
- Dan Rather, disgraced CBS anchor.
- David Remnick, writer & editor of New Yorker.
- Condoleezza Rice, George W. Bush’s secretary of state.
- Susan Rice, Obama’s national security adviser & former UN ambassador.
- John Roberts, Supreme Court chief justice.
- James Sasser, former U.S. senator (D-TN).
- Diane Sawyer, TV news anchor.
- Joe Scarborough, MSNBC show host.
- Bob Schieffer, CBS newsman & anchor.
- Brent Scowcroft, retired USAF Lt. Gen., adviser on national security to Presidents Ford, GHW Bush, GW Bush & Obama.
- George Shultz, Reagan’s secretary of state.
- Olympia Snowe, former U.S. senator (R-Maine).
- George Soros, international financier and mischief-maker.
- George Stephanopoulos, ABC newsman, former Bill Clinton adviser.
- Lawrence Summers, Clinton’s treasury secretary.
- James Taylor (pop musician?).
- Maurice Tempelsman (Jackie Kennedy Onassis’s last lover).
- Marc Thiessen, political commentator; George W. Bush’s speechwriter.
- Jeffrey Toobin, CNN legal analyst.
- Barbara Walters, TV news anchor & personality.
- John Warner, former U.S. senator (R-VA) and one of Elizabeth Taylor’s husbands.
- Margaret Warner, PBS News reporter.
- Rick Warren (Christian megachurch pastor?).
- Brian Williams, disgraced former NBC News anchor.
- Paul Wolfowitz, former president of World Bank.
- Judy Woodruff, PBS news anchor.
- Daniel Yankelovich, public opinion analyst & pollster.
- Janet Yellen, Obama’s Federal Reserve chair.
- Andrew Young, Carter’s UN ambassador.
- Paula Zahn, former TV news anchor.
- Fareed Zakaria, CNN host, Time editor-at-large.
- Robert Zoellick, former World Bank president & managing director of Goldman Sachs; George W. Bush’s deputy secretary of state.
- James Zogby, pollster & managing director of Zogby Research Service; founder-president of Arab American Institute.
- David Rockefeller, chairman & CEO of Chase Manhattan; honorary chairman of the CFR, he is also the founder of the Trilateral Commission (a secretive members-only group with designs to remove the borders between Canada, U.S. and Mexico in the pursuit of eventual world governance), his family founded the Population Council (with its roots in eugenics, which is the philosophy of improving the human gene pool through selective breeding, historically, it has sometimes been accomplished through brutal means such as forced sterilization and genocide)and he is a banker, famous for this quote:
“For more than a century ideological extremists at either end of the political spectrum have seized upon well-publicized incidents such as my encounter with Castro to attack the Rockefeller family for the inordinate influence they claim we wield over American political and economic institutions. Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as “internationalists” and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure – one world, if you will. If that’s the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.”
More on The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR)
“There does exist, and has existed for a generation, an international Anglophile network which operates, to some extent, in the way the radical Right believes the Communists act. In fact, this network, which we may identify as the Round Table Groups, has no aversion to cooperating with the Communists, or any other groups, and frequently does so. I know of the operations of this network because I have studied it for twenty years and was permitted for two years, in the early 1960’s, to examine its papers and secret records. I have no aversion to it or to most of its instruments. I have objected, both in the past and recently, to a few of its policies…but in general my chief difference of opinion is that it wishes to remain unknown, and I believe its role in history is significant enough to be known.”
“The Council on Foreign Relations is the American branch of a society which originated in England [and] believes national boundaries should be obliterated and one-world rule established.” — Georgetown University Professor Carroll Quigley, Tragedy and Hope, A History of the World in Our Time, pg. 950-951 (1966)
(Bonus info: Quigley was Bill Clinton’s mentor)
Need further proof:
How about a photo of Evelyn Rothschild and his wife with their two puppets? The net worth of the Rothschild family is easily in the trillions and they are at the very head of the CFR.
How about some Elitist NWO quotes:
“We will succeed in the Gulf. And when we do, the world community will have sent an enduring warning to any dictator or despot, present or future, who contemplates outlaw aggression. The world can therefore seize this opportunity to fulfill the long-held promise of a new world order – where brutality will go unrewarded, and aggression will meet collective resistance.” — President George HW Bush, State of the Union Address 1991
“The drive of the Rockefellers and their allies is to create a one-world government combining supercapitalism and Communism under the same tent, all under their control. Do I mean a conspiracy? Yes, I do. I am convinced there is such a plot, international in scope, generations old in planning, incredibly evil in intent.” — Rep. Larry P. MacDonald, killed in Korean Air Lines 007, 1983
“We are on the verge of a global transformation. All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the New World Order.” — David Rockefeller, NWO Banker
“Today, America would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order. Tomorrow they will be grateful! This is especially true if they were told that there were an outside threat from beyond, whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well-being granted to them by the World Government.” — Dr. Henry Kissinger, Evians, France, 1991
“The New Deal is plainly an attempt to achieve a working socialism and avert a social collapse in America; it is extraordinarily parallel to the successive ‘policies’ and ‘Plans’ of the Russian experiment. Americans shirk the word ‘socialism’, but what else can one call it?” — H.G. Wells The New World Order 1939
“We shall have World Government, whether or not we like it. The only question is whether World Government will be achieved by consent or conquest.” — James Paul Warburg [son of Paul Warburg, the author of the Federal Reserve Act] February 7, 1950
“In short, the ‘house of world order’ will have to be built from the bottom up rather than from the top down. It will look like a great ‘booming, buzzing confusion,’ to use William James’ famous description of reality, but an end run around national sovereignty, eroding it piece by piece, will accomplish much more than the old-fashioned frontal assault.” — Richard N. Gardner, former deputy assistant Secretary of State for International Organizations under Kennedy and Johnson, and a member of the Trilateral Commission, wrote this in the April, 1974 issue of the Council on Foreign Relation’s (CFR) journal Foreign Affairs (pg. 558)
“Today the path of total dictatorship in the United States can be laid by strictly legal means, unseen and unheard by the Congress, the President, or the people. Outwardly we have a Constitutional government. We have operating within our government and political system, another body representing another form of government – a bureaucratic elite.” — Senator William Jenner, 1954
“We must believe that it is the darkest before the dawn of a beautiful new world. We will see it when we believe it.” — Saul Alinsky, author, Rules for Radicals [mentor of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama]
“I think that his [Obama’s] task will be to develop an overall strategy for America in this period, when really a New World Order can be created.” — Henry Kissinger, CNBC 2008
“Each of us has the hope to build a New World Order.” — President Richard Nixon, Hangzhou, China, February 1972
“We are moving toward a new world order, the world of communism. We shall never turn off that road.” — Mikhail Gorbachev, 1987
“In the next century, nations as we know it will be obsolete; all states will recognize a single, global authority. National sovereignty wasn’t such a great idea after all.” — Strobe Talbot, Deputy Secretary of State, TIME, July 1992
“The Final Act of the Uruguay Round, marking the conclusion of the most ambitious trade negotiation of our century, will give birth – in Morocco – to the World Trade Organization, the third pillar of the New World Order, along with the United Nations and the International Monetary Fund.” — Government of Morocco, advertisement, New York Times, April 1994
“The new world order that will answer economic, military, and political problems, he said, ‘urgently requires, I believe, that the United States take the leadership among all free peoples to make the underlying concepts and aspirations of national sovereignty truly meaningful through the federal approach.” — Nelson Rockefeller, New York Times, February 1962
“The real truth of the matter is, as you and I know, that a financial element in the larger centers has owned the Government ever since the days of Andrew Jackson.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt, letter to Col. House, November 21, 1933
“We are grateful to the Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries.” — David Rockefeller, Baden-Baden, Germany 1991
“The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole.” — Carroll Quigley, Tragedy and Hope: A History of the World in Our Time, 1966
“Countless people will hate the new world order and will die protesting against it.” — H.G. Wells, The New World Order, 1939
“The New World Order cannot happen without U.S. participation, as we are the single most significant component. Yes, there will be a New World Order, and it will force the United States to change its perceptions.” — Dr. Henry Kissinger, World Action Council, April 19, 1994
“Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they had better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it.” — Woodrow Wilson
“Fundamental Bible-believing people do not have the right to indoctrinate their children in their religious beliefs because we, the state, are preparing them for the year 2000, when America will be part of a one-world global society and their children will not fit in.” — Nebraska State Sen. Peter Hoagland, radio interview, 1983.
“The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is dedicated to one-world government, financed by a number of the largest tax exempt foundation (i.e. Rockefeller), and wielding such power and influence over our lives in the areas of finance, business, labor, military, education, and mass communication media, that it should be familiar to every American concerned with good government and with preserving and defending the US Constitution and our free-enterprise system. Yet, the nation’s right-to-know machinery, the news media; usually so aggressive in exposures to inform our people, remain silent when it comes to the CFR, its members and their activities. The CFR is the establishment. Not only does it have influence and power in key decision-making positions at the highest levels of government to apply pressure from above, but it also finances and uses individuals and groups to bring pressure from below, to justify the high level decisions for converting the US from a sovereign Republic into a servile member of a one-world dictatorship.” — Rep. John R. Rarick (D-LA) (Note Rarick in conjunction with judge L.H. Perez of Louisiana detailed the UNCONSTITUTIONAL foisting of the 14th Amendment in Congressional Record-House, June 13, 1967, pg. 15641-15646
So in parting, with the power in both wealth and political clout concentrated in the CFR, and their major and ever increasing recent global failures … are we in fact looking at the real global power finally surfacing, the power of The People … More to come …
Click on the image below to visit TLB Project on twitter …