ER Editor: In the video below, journalist Finian Cunningham interviews Evan Reif of CovertAction Magazine. We’ve put some video notes of our own below.
This is the article of Evan Reif referred to in the interview:
We refer readers to this short piece by Rodney Atkinson:
On von der Leyen, who is featured in this piece:
Ursula von der Leyen, President of the European Commission has a slightly less pernicious connection to the Nazi period (and ironically Ukraine). Her grandfather Carl Albrecht a Bremen Cotton trader who spoke Russian, worked for the Nazi Ministry of Foreign Affairs and arranged the economic aspects of the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact in 1939. Once Germany invaded the Soviet Union, her grandfather was important for the Foreign Ministry. Carl Albrecht was mainly active in Ukrainian matters from 1941 to 1943 – at the height of Nazi and Ukrainian Nationalists atrocities in Ukraine.
What the interview below does not mention is von der Leyen’s CONTINUED corruption with regard to the negotiating of Pfizer and other pharma contracts, and the curiously missing text messages with Albert Bourla. This can be found in the partial list of articles we’ve put out on the corrupt von der Leyen —
Trumpeting a Conflict of Interest: Bill Gates Officially Rewards Ursula von der Leyen For Her Financial Support
And for a little bit of grim humor:
- Is she one piece of a larger machine? She was born Albrecht, not von der Leyen. Father was a big wig in the CDU party (Angela Merkel’s old party), known to be rather ruthless. Post-war, he became president of Lower Saxony and changed the rules to admit former members of the Nazi party. Father Ernst Albrecht was governor of Lower Saxony in the 1980s and appointed Nazis, which was prohibited following WWII. Yet a lot of Nazis were brought into political life under the radar. Albrecht changed the rules to permit these people into the CDU. Post-war, it was common for people to say they hated Hitler and had no idea what had been happening.
- The Albrecht family were major business people in Nazi Germany; their family history during that period has largely been erased, however. Karl Albrecht, the head of the family, was a doctor but otherwise, not much is known. This erasure is true of many aristocrats in Europe, with gaps in their histories. Nazis were popular with these sorts of people – aristocrats tended to support the Nazis. Nazis were also good for business with endless contracts and free slave labour.
- Albrecht packed his administration in Lower Saxony as governor with former Nazis. He appointed one prominent Nazi jurist as minister for justice who had provided a legal justification for the final solution.
- Albrechts were also married into slave owners in the Carolinas in the US. Before the founding of Germany in 1871, the Albrechts were the customs officers in Germany, making connections with the American south. They married into the Ladson family in South Carolina in the early 1900s. Through marriage, the Ladsons were the largest slave-owning family in the US. In the US there is a sanitized image of slavery, but groups went around press-ganging these slaves, boarding them onto ships, taking them to various destinations where they were worked to death. [ER: We remind readers that English/British natives suffered the same thing! See the slim volume of Michael A. Hoffman, ‘They Were White and They Were Slaves’] Nazis wanted a final solution where people were worked to death, but reports of slavery on Barbados are hideous. This was the British system. In South Carolina, it was a transition from the British to the American, but it was all pretty much the same thing. Ursula von der Leyen isn’t responsible for the crimes of slavery, of course, but these families involved in this kept all the money from these activities.
- von der Leyen had a pretty gilded upbringing. She’s a product of the Rockefeller-connected London School of Economics. Her doctorate showed evidence of plagiarism but the degree was never rescinded. Her father served as a high level functionary within the EU later on. Family wealth was derived from slavery and Nazi-related activities.
- Can we argue that she has imbibed this sort of supremacist view of the world? Her views on Russia are quite rabid. Her EU foreign policy is very servile to Washington. Is is fair to make that of her geopolitical vision? Can we connect her family past with her current views? Reif: Ukraine is the culmination of a plan that’s been going on for 70 years. We’re also seeing this in Georgia (country, not state). Protests going on there are in English, a language not spoken there. What became NATO later on took Russia, the former Soviet Union, to be an existential threat to their system, so they took up former Nazis that had been sent around the world post-WWII. Ursula has been accused of treason, of being an American agent of influence in Germany by the SPD. She was openly accused of acting contrary to the interests of Germany. Her career has been one of corruption almost the entire time. Her father essentially attacked his own political party so she get into office. As German minister of defence, for which she had no qualifications, she sent in Mackinsey operatives, aligned with American intelligence and finance. Mackinsey was involved in the opioid crisis; they fixed bread prices in Canada. [ER: they’re also infamously behind Macron.] Mackinsey was awarded huge contracts with the German military, being handed money for very little. She always wanted more spending on weapons, yet Germany doesn’t really have an army. They’re not supposed to fight anyone and don’t actually have any enemies. It was a money-laundering scheme through American finance. When she was supposed to face a parliamentary enquiry, she destroyed the evidence [ER: shades of her text messages with Pfizer’s Bourla]. Why did she move to Brussels? She wanted to replace Merkel as chancellor, or be the secretary general of NATO. Going to Brussels gave her immunity from prosecution in Germany. Her history is one of FAILING UPWARDS. She can’t fail because she’s so entrenched with a family having so much influence. She’s kicked up the road to stay out of people’s way. As president of the EU Commission, the Germany parliament refused to nominate her (she was undergoing an investigation at the time). She was appointed to the presidence of the Commission without a single vote. Macron got her installed. Both Macron and von der Leyen serve the same masters, with possibly influence of the Americans, but Europeans are quite capable of this alone. It’s been unbelievable corruption throughout her career. Her salary is around a half million euros per year. Her rabid anti-Russian policy is leading us towards the old Wehrmacht / Patriotic War situation.
Author Evan Reif explains how her politician-father Ernst Albrecht packed his regional government with unreconstructed Nazis and former Wehrmacht officers when he was governor of Lower Saxony in the 1980s.
Ursula von der Leyen’s family derived much of its industrial wealth from working closely with Hitler’s Third Reich. Her aristocratic family was also married into slave-owning cotton planters in the American South.
That legacy of inherited wealth not only benefited Ursula’s elite education but also her precocious rise in German politics. She became the German defense minister from 2013-2019 despite having no formal background in the military. Under her watch, the German army was massively rearmed and she also became mired in corruption scandals.
At the end of 2019, she was appointed President of the European Commission, the top political post in the European Union. This was done without a vote from the German parliament, such was the lack of confidence in her eligibility.
She has spearheaded the US-led NATO proxy war in Ukraine against Russia with remarkably hawkish anti-Russian rhetoric. Her zeal for pursuing hostility toward Russia is consistent with the Nazi ideology her father indulged in.
Ursula von der Leyen has shown an astounding “ability” to “fail upwards”, as Evan Reif wryly points out. The only explanation for such undue political ascent despite her incompetence, plagiarism, and corruption, is the help of a powerful network – the transatlantic U.S.-led NATO alliance and its intelligence agencies.
The disturbing upshot is that Europe is being led into a disastrous war against Russia in the service of US-European imperialism – euphemistically called “Western values” – by a person who is a scion of Nazi legacy and politics and who does not have a democratic mandate.
Eight decades after the end of World War II and the defeat of Hitler’s Third Reich, the imperialist objective of conquering Russia is alive again. Should we be surprised though, when we look at the odious political background of the European Commission’s president?
Published to The Liberty Beacon from EuropeReloaded.com
The Liberty Beacon Project is now expanding at a near exponential rate, and for this we are grateful and excited! But we must also be practical. For 7 years we have not asked for any donations, and have built this project with our own funds as we grew. We are now experiencing ever increasing growing pains due to the large number of websites and projects we represent. So we have just installed donation buttons on our websites and ask that you consider this when you visit them. Nothing is too small. We thank you for all your support and your considerations … (TLB)
Comment Policy: As a privately owned web site, we reserve the right to remove comments that contain spam, advertising, vulgarity, threats of violence, racism, or personal/abusive attacks on other users. This also applies to trolling, the use of more than one alias, or just intentional mischief. Enforcement of this policy is at the discretion of this websites administrators. Repeat offenders may be blocked or permanently banned without prior warning.
Disclaimer: TLB websites contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available to our readers under the provisions of “fair use” in an effort to advance a better understanding of political, health, economic and social issues. The material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving it for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material for purposes other than “fair use” you must request permission from the copyright owner.
Disclaimer: The information and opinions shared are for informational purposes only including, but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material are not intended as medical advice or instruction. Nothing mentioned is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.