The Essential Prepper’s Library: 25 Books Every Prepared Family Should Own
By: Daisy Luther
Preppers tend to be relatively old-fashioned, and one thing that most of us have in common is a yen to own physical copies of information that we find valuable.
While ebooks are popular, inexpensive (sometimes even free), and take up zero space, every person who preps knows that those tomes of information might not be available in a down-grid situation. Your library will only be accessible until your Kindle dies. But when you have all of those books on the shelf, you can access the information over and over, for as long as your emergency lasts. (Plus, I just really prefer physical books.)
There are tons of other great books out there, so if your favorite isn’t included on the list, that doesn’t mean that I found anything wrong with it. The following list is of the books that I personally own and have found to be valuable.
(Note: Due to shameless self-promotion, my own books are on the list and marked with a *.)
Here are the 25 preparedness books that I recommend that you all have in your personal libraries.
- The Prepper’s Blueprint
- The Survival Mom: How to Prepare Your Family for Everyday Disasters and Worst-Case Scenarios
- Urban Emergency Survival Plan
- SAS Survival Handbook (This is the perfect size to slip into a purse, backpack, or glovebox)
- Prepper’s Survival Hacks
- Handbook to Practical Disaster Preparedness for the Family
- The Pantry Primer: A Prepper’s Guide to Whole Food on a Half Price Budget*
- The Prepper’s Cookbook
- Food Storage for Self-Sufficiency and Survival
- Prepper’s Natural Medicine
- The Survival Medicine Handbook
- When There Is No Doctor
- Where There Is No Dentist
- Prepping for a Pandemic
- The Encyclopedia of Country Living
- The Prepper’s Canning Guide* (coming in March)
- Tools for Survival
- The Backyard Homestead
- Bushcraft 101
- The Complete Tightwad Gazette
Home and Personal Defense
- Prepper’s Home Defense
- Contact: A Tactical Manual for Post-Collapse Survival
- Prepper’s Armed Defense
- Rapid Fire: Tactics for High Threat, Protection, and Combat Operations
What books would you add to the list?
About the Author: Daisy Luther is a coffee-swigging, gun-toting, homeschooling blogger who writes about current events, preparedness, frugality, and the pursuit of liberty on her websites, The Organic Prepper and DaisyLuther.com She is the author of 4 books and the co-founder of Preppers University, where she teaches intensive preparedness courses in a live online classroom setting. You can follow her onFacebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
This article (The Essential Prepper’s Library: 25 Books Every Prepared Family Should Own) was originally created and published by theorganicprepper.ca and is republished here with permission and attribution to author Daisy Luther and theorganicprepper.ca.