The Army of the Woke
By: Lt. Col. Darin Gaub
The Army fell approximately 15,000 (25%) people short of meeting its recruiting goals this year, and some Pentagon officials focused on the tight job market as the culprit. Though access to civilian jobs and higher pay is a factor, the truth is broader and ignored at our peril. Rather than confront the reality of what is occurring in the military and the consequences of these actions, these same officials have decided to make blaming anything but the truth an Olympic-level sport and our nation’s readiness to defeat our adversaries is running in last place.
I served in the military for 28 years, both as an enlisted member of the Army’s Infantry, and as an officer in Aviation. As a former junior enlisted soldier I know what it takes to keep good soldiers in the military, and because I commanded up to the brigade level as an officer, I know that retention of quality service members is a critical component and signal of successful command. While I never failed to exceed retention goals in my seven years of command, today I don’t think I’d sign up to serve at all.
Let’s take a more critical and accurate look at why the Army failed to meet recruiting goals.
1. The Commander in Chief of the armed forces leads an administration targeting its own forces with friendly fire. People know the Department of Defense is supporting the administration’s pursuit of “patriots” and as potential recruits themselves, or parents of potential recruits, they are saying “not now.”
2. The American citizen knows three-letter agencies are targeting innocent American citizens while ignoring the guilty. The potential for this to spill over into the Department of Defense does not bode well. People won’t sign up to serve a nation when it’s clear we have an administration that will force them to bend the knee or be removed. Visions of Biden’s speech in Philadelphia and the dangerous symbology and rhetoric applied come to mind.
3. The typical patriotic American signing up wants to be the wolf but is trained to be a sheep today. Those conservative and often rural families where a large number of America’s service members originate also provide the true war fighters in our military. They are the ones saying, “no thanks.” Why join an organization to be told that your patriotic American beliefs are the problem and spend the term of an enlistment as a target of the chain of command?
4. It’s becoming more obvious that America’s wars are often not justified. For a period, Afghanistan was justifiable, but it turned into something else. Iraq was mostly a lie, and the newest generation is smart enough to know and has decided it’s not worth it.
5. More are concluding that the military is another expendable class to the false oligarchs in D.C. Just take your food stamps and fight our wars for us; the military industrial complex needs its sacrifice. Has anybody else read The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire lately?
6. Today’s military often lacks the backing of the nation at large. Our failure in Afghanistan, a direct consequence of the current administration’s actions, came at the end of years of conflict where the military remained at war and a nation had moved on. Why join the military and take part in Operation Enduring Conflict? Many who served over the last 20 years know what’s happening, and like me they do not encourage our youth to join the military of today.
7. The military’s senior leaders are never held to account for their failures and violations, but a soldier who puts up a patriotic symbol is a threat to society and will be pursued and removed. Similarly, those who refuse an experimental “vaccine” are also a threat and suffer the same friendly fire as those who refuse to play in “you’re a racist” games.
8. There is the potential for America’s service members to be ordered to turn on their own. To deny this possibility is to deny everything that history teaches us and the specific actions of this administration. The Department of Justice targeting parents for standing up for their kids. FBI raids on Project Veritas and those faithful who support innocent life. Red Flag laws providing the excuse to the ATF to raid anybody they want. ATF agents also intimidating those who purchase legal gun accessories — who needs a warrant anyway? The list could go on.
My family is proud of our service to the nation. From World War II to today, we’ve worn our nations’ uniform in the Army Air Corps, U.S. Air Force, and U.S. Army. We’ve served all over the world in and out of multiple conflict zones and have a combined 80-plus years of service. That tradition ends now and is ending for many families like ours.
If our nation wants a military that’s ready to fight and win today, it’s time to elect civilian oversight in our nation’s government that will stop playing politics with readiness and remember that our adversaries do not care about our pronouns or skin color. In fact, they are happy to watch us fight among ourselves for it means they don’t have to do anything but witness our nation destroying itself.
This article (The Army of the Woke) originated on American Thinker and is republished on this TLB site under “Fair Use” (see project disclaimer below) with attribution to the articles author Lt. Col. Darin Gaub and the website americanthinker.com.
TLB recommends you visit American Thinker for more great articles and information.
About the author: Lt Col (ret) Darin Gaub is a Co-founder of Restore Liberty, an international military strategist and foreign policy analyst, an executive leadership coach, and serves on the boards of multiple volunteer national and state level organizations. The views presented are those of the author and do not represent the views of the U.S. Government, Department of Defense, or its components.
Image Credit: Photo in Featured Image – RawPixel – Public Domain
Read more articles on this subject:
Click Here to Visit the TLBTalk.com Site
Welcome to the TLB Project Neighborhood
Stay tuned to …
The Liberty Beacon Project is now expanding at a near exponential rate, and for this we are grateful and excited! But we must also be practical. For 7 years we have not asked for any donations, and have built this project with our own funds as we grew. We are now experiencing ever increasing growing pains due to the large number of websites and projects we represent. So we have just installed donation buttons on our websites and ask that you consider this when you visit them. Nothing is too small. We thank you for all your support and your considerations … (TLB)
Comment Policy: As a privately owned web site, we reserve the right to remove comments that contain spam, advertising, vulgarity, threats of violence, racism, or personal/abusive attacks on other users. This also applies to trolling, the use of more than one alias, or just intentional mischief. Enforcement of this policy is at the discretion of this websites administrators. Repeat offenders may be blocked or permanently banned without prior warning.
Disclaimer: TLB websites contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available to our readers under the provisions of “fair use” in an effort to advance a better understanding of political, health, economic and social issues. The material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving it for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material for purposes other than “fair use” you must request permission from the copyright owner.
Disclaimer: The information and opinions shared are for informational purposes only including, but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material are not intended as medical advice or instruction. Nothing mentioned is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.